Job Posting - Assistant NextGen Slopestyle Ski Coach
Sep. 28, 2017
POSITION: Assistant NextGen Slopestyle Ski Coach, Freestyle Canada
POSITION TYPE: Contract part time position, camp & event based
POSTING DATE: November 15th 2017 – April 15th 2017
TARGETED START DATE: November 15th 2017
REPORTS TO: Park & Pipe NextGen Head Coach, as well as the NextGen Management Team.
ROLE OVERVIEW & SCOPE:
The NextGen Assistant coach will be responsible for coaching the NextGen Slopestyle Team athletes during specified training camps and competitions. They will also assist the head coach with implementing the quadrennial and yearly training plan, and help set key performance indicators for Team.
The successful candidate will be under the technical lead of the Freestyle Canada's Director of High Performance Athlete Development. This coach will be responsible to keep their Professional Development up to date as set out by the NCCP / Freestyle Canada Coach Education Pathway.
The successful candidate would be expected to be professional in all instances, and create a positive, supportive, environment within the High Performance Program.
ATTRIBUTES OF SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
COACH EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Freestyle Canada / NCCP SuperCoach trained or equivalent,
- Freestyle Canada Air Doubles Trained,
- Freestyle Canada Air 4 Trained,
- Experience coaching competitive Slopestyle programs,
- Strong understanding of the Freestyle Canada athlete development pathway,
- Freestyle Competition experience as an athlete
- Strong and in-field mentorship skills,
- Versatile to individual athlete development profiles
- Work proactively in a team environment as well as motivated to get work done individually,
- Excellent problem solving skills,
- Strong and positive communicator who can build relationships and resolve conflicts,
- Represent the NextGen Team values of innovation, excellence, integrity, respect, and fun.
- Capacity to plan, track and evaluate training athletes and programs.
- Experience in managing planning logistics,
- The ability to use performance technology tools,
- Ability to speak in both official languages is an asset.
- Tuning skis
- Day to day logistics: driving, supervising athletes
Please submit resumes with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org