This year Freestyle Canada will offer two bursary awards in the amount of $1500. The bursaries will be given to support one female coach pursuing Comp Dev certification and a second bursary will be given to support a female coach attending SuperCoach Academy 2020.
This bursary program is designed to:
- Provide assistance to female coaches interested in pursuing a professional coaching career in Freestyle skiing.
- Alleviate financial barriers to coach development.
- Increase the number of positive female role models in Freestyle clubs across Canada.
You may apply for the Freestyle Canada Coach Bursary if you meet the following eligibility criteria:
You are currently or plan to coach at a sanctioned club or provincial team in Canada for the 2020/2021 season and plan to continue coaching Freestyle athletes for the longer term.
Please submit an application detailing the following:
- Coach Name and NCCP Number
- Contact Information (Email, Mailing Address, Phone Number) and coaching experience.
- Why you are applying for this bursary (500 words or less)
- What your coaching goals are (500 words or less)
- Why you feel you should be selected (500 words or less)
Please include a brief letter of support from your club or province body outlining how this bursary will assist in achieving their stated objectives for the development of female coaches.You must submit your completed application by March 27, 2020 to be considered.
Selection Process and Notification
The selection committee will meet after the deadline of March 27, 2020, to review all applications and select the recipients. Selection of applicants will be based on eligibility and bursary criteria. Coaches will be notified in writing of the decision of the selection committee no later than April 3rd, 2020.
Please submit your completed application by the deadline to [email protected].